Skip directly to content


State Certified Electrical Contractor     Cell Phone 954.557.3789     Angie's List 5 Star Contractor




Replacing Zinsco and FPE Circuit Breaker Panels

on Tue, 06/05/2012 - 15:53

Replacing the old fuse systems, circuit breakers have become the common over current protection devices in our homes and businesses. Two manufacturers - Zinsco and Federal Pacific Electric (FPE) are no longer manufacturing circuit breakers and/or panels because of safety issues and home protection failures.

Some insurance companies have begun not insuring homes with these types of existing panels. I've had many phone calls from clients asking for a quote to replace these circuit breaker panels.

In response, here is a ball park idea of what replacing Zinsco and FPE circuit breaker panels