Skip directly to content


State Certified Electrical Contractor     Cell Phone 954.557.3789     Angie's List 5 Star Contractor




Chirping Smoke Detectors

on Wed, 11/14/2012 - 15:31

As we enter into daylight savings time, now is a smart time to replace the batteries in all of your smoke detectors. If your smoke detector begins to chirp, replace your batteries and I also recommend using the hose attachment on your vacuum cleaner to remove the dust that has accumulated in the ionization chamber of the smoke detector.
In new homes, the National Fire Protection Agency now recommends smoke detectors be installed in and outside all sleeping areas with them interconnected. It is not necessary to install them close to the kitchen. I hope this helps!

The Heat is On - Electrical Meters

on Mon, 08/27/2012 - 18:47


Heat plays a major roll in causing breakdowns in our electrical systems, electronics, and communication devices. Transmission of electricity through your electrical meter and main disconnect panel combined with ambient temperatures will eventually cause you problems. How will you know? 

The lights in your home will begin to flicker, then your air conditioner or major appliances malfunction. Confused, your next phone call will be to your favorite electrician and hopefully that’s me. What you hope for is a quick fix.

Replacing Zinsco and FPE Circuit Breaker Panels

on Tue, 06/05/2012 - 15:53

Replacing the old fuse systems, circuit breakers have become the common over current protection devices in our homes and businesses. Two manufacturers - Zinsco and Federal Pacific Electric (FPE) are no longer manufacturing circuit breakers and/or panels because of safety issues and home protection failures.

Some insurance companies have begun not insuring homes with these types of existing panels. I've had many phone calls from clients asking for a quote to replace these circuit breaker panels.

In response, here is a ball park idea of what replacing Zinsco and FPE circuit breaker panels

How Will You Know if a Fort Lauderdale Electrician is Licensed?

on Sun, 03/04/2012 - 13:38

Simply ask for the license when he or she arrives. The service technician should provide you with one or two items:

1. Their personal trade certification license.

2. The trade certification license of the company the service technician is representing.

To obtain a trade certification license, an individual must have four to seven years of training and classroom instruction. If an individual does not have a license, you put yourself at risk not knowing if the service technician has the proper knowledge to perform the electrical service.

Hiring a licensed service technician should insure

There is No Substitute for the Real Inspector

on Sat, 03/03/2012 - 22:37

During a recent condominium remodeling project in Pompano Beach, the kitchen contractor had supplied 10 recessed lights and requested we install them. We noticed the cans were not URL approved and the lamps were 110 volt halogen. We pointed out to the kitchen contractor that this will become a problem and suggested they fix the problem immediately. The contractor said "don't worry, we install hundreds of these lamps all the time". We followed the contractor's instructions and surprisingly passed the rough inspection without a code violation.

Did I mention that the 'normal inspector' (no

Tankless or Thankless

on Sat, 03/03/2012 - 22:03

Tankless water heaters are becoming the best thing according to some. Be careful when making this decision. Most sales people will sell you a tankless water heater without asking you about your existing electrical service or recommending you consult with your Fort Lauderdale electrician.

The average water heater requires a 30 amp service at 4,500 watts. A #10 wire is used to accomodate the appliance. In order to satisfy the needs of the average shower or multiple showers, you must install a tankless water heater which might require a 60, 70, or 80 amp service.

Light Up Your Life

on Sat, 03/03/2012 - 06:00


We light up your life, whether it be by the old incandescent lamps, halogen fluorescent or LED (lighting emitting diodes) types light. Let me clarify a few issues floating around:

The 100 watt incandescent lamp will not longer be available - why? Simply put, it puts out too much heat when used in light fixtures not designed to

support this much heat. When used in ceiling lights and table lamps, the 100 watt light bulb causes fire. I think insurance companies had something to do
with these being removed from the market.

Electrical Outlet Mistakes

on Sat, 03/03/2012 - 06:00


After arriving at a condominium remodeling project in Lauderdale by the Sea, I discovered that the kitchen and bath designer had placed a GFCI receptacle in the bathroom not required by building code. The blueprints had already been submitted to the building department and approved. This condominium was not originally wired in conduit making the access difficult to install the 20 amp seperate circuit GFCI receptacle.